Are you thinking of using health insurance to cover counseling? Below is a list of the benefits and risks associated with using insurance. At Pope Counseling Center, we want you to make an informed decision that allows you to choose what is best for you and your family.
Benefits of Using Insurance:
- Most people are not aware that they have Out of Network Benefits. Pope Counseling Center is in network with many insurance companies, but we will submit out of network claims for you if we are not in network with your insurance company; however, we would require that you check your out of network coverage prior to meeting with your clinician in order to clarify your benefits.
If you are contacting your provider to see about coverage for out of network providers, please ask the following:
- How many sessions are covered?
- Do I have to meet my deductible first? Is there an out of pocket max?
- What documentation is required for reimbursement?
- What qualifications are required of the practitioner? What information is needed from the clinician?